TABLE MANNERS 101June 13, 2020
Looking for easy ways to introduce proper table etiquette? We have compiled a quick list of introductory exercises to perform during meals. These exercises will get your child in the habit following etiquette rules during dining.
Let’s start with these introductory steps.
- Have your child set the table.
- Be sure the entire family sits down to dinner together.
- Place napkin on the lap.
- Assist your child in properly holding and using the utensils.
- Ensure elbows are kept off the table.
- Pass food around the table to the right.
- Take small bites.
- Chew with their mouth closed.
- Answer questions when food is fully digested.
- Wipe mouth often while eating.
- Include your child in casual conversation to ease shyness during dining.
Now all you need to do is keep practicing and make it fun. Just no food fights, LOL! If so, keep it clean 🙂