10 ETIQUETTE EXERCISES FOR YOUNG CHILDREN DURING QUARANTINEMay 08, 2020
Practicing daily etiquette behavior with your children will have you amazed at the positive difference it makes in their ease of navigating the world around them. It can be hard to convince a child to follow basic manners when his peers at school might not be doing so. However, a well-mannered child will stand out like a rainbow in a sand storm. Saying, “Please” and “thank you,” and using good table manners will get your child continuously noticed by teachers and other parents.
Positive interactions create a confident kid, and a confident kid is a happy kid who will grow up into a happy adult.
Practice implementing these etiquette rules while staying at home with your children.
- Use please, thank you and excuse me.
- How to properly clean your mouth and hands.
- Always cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- How to chew with your mouths closed.
- How to wipe your mouth properly with a napkin.
- Elbows on the table… Absolute, NO NO!
- How to hold utensils properly.
- Don’t point or stare.
- How to make eye contact when engaging in conversation.
- Never interrupt an adult when they are speaking.
Learning manners can take time, but now we have loads of it. Remember to praise kids when they use good manners. When they don’t, respectfully address the appropriate word or behavior and move on. Remember, its best to lead by example.